March 24, 2011

Smooth Motive Drop by Shivar


This is a mod that makes the Hunger, Bladder, and Energy motives drop at a smooth, constant rate.

In the base game, motives change speed depending on how high or low they are. When Hunger is at -81 (the motives range from -100 to 100), the speed drops to a decay of less than 1 per hour. When hunger is above -61, it goes at a rate of 12 per hour. I changed this so that hunger drops at a smooth and constant rate. That way, when it's halfway empty, it is literally halfway empty. When it's close to empty, your sim is literally close to starving to death.

The new rates are as follows:

Bladder- 25 Per Hour. Sims will go from full to empty bladder in 8 hours.
Bladder Toddler- 30 Per Hour. Toddlers will go from full to empty bladder in 6 hours and 36 minutes.
Bladder Baby- 30 Per Hour. Same as toddlers.
Bladder Elder- 35 Per Hour. Elders have to pee every 5 hours and 40-some minutes. Have fun tomb-raiding as an old person.

Read more and download at Fuzzy Logic Dishwasher

9 comments:

  1. Thanks, this has bugged me. I've always tried to keep all my sims' motives above the middle just so they wouldn't drop and die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Thanks Shivar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is kind of unrealistic. When you're hungry and need to eat, it's not like you're about to starve to death. Even when you feel as if you're starving and getting weak from not eating, it's not like you only have a few more hours to live...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone should create an energy mod, if they haven't already. Sims can barely get through what they need to in a day without having to sleep and they always want to go to bed. Yes, I know there is a cheat, but I've always thought the energy levels were unrealistic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^^I agree, just because you don't eat, you don't immediately die. A person can last days without eating anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^It might be very complex, but if someone could make the hunger bar deplete to half faster, but take a much longer time to reach read/death, that would be rather amazing.

    Meanwhile, at the risk of sounding very immature, am I the only one who had a brief laugh after reading "Bladder Baby"?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just one point, I believe the description of this mod should be "from empty to full bladder in x hours", as I'd hate for it to take me 8 hours to empty my bladder. I mean, all day spent in the bathroom just to pee would make me want to have surgery or something. Still, a useful, if slightly improperly described mod. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Empty to full bladder METER. ;)

    I never said it was realistic, guys.

    ReplyDelete